[techtalk] Linux and routers

JamesA.Sutherland JamesA.Sutherland
Tue Apr 3 19:44:12 EST 2001

On Tue, 03 Apr 2001 14:32:53 -0400, you wrote:

>To my knowledge, the machine does not have any routing protocols on it.

It certainly shouldn't be running one at the moment - it's not a
router. Just install the appropriate daemon, and it will be...

>Still would it share it? (It is Debian 2.2 btw, and if there is no .deb for
>it, this kid I'm working with would have no idea how to install it from
>tarball)

Hang on... if this person can't install a tarball, how on earth do you
expect him/her to configure routing properly?!?! Obviously individuals
differ, but I'd have thought routing was a great deal more complex
than installing a tarball...

James.