[techtalk] Any good HTML editors for Linux?

Christian MacAuley csm at jellspace.net
Tue Apr 3 12:57:56 EST 2001

> Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for good HTML (non-WYSIWYG or
> WYSIWYG that supports non-WYSIWYG) for Linux?  Pros and cons would be
great,
> and also whether they require KDE or Gnome (I run Gnome usually).

Gee, i've been lurking a lot ...

I think Bluefish rocks.  It's not WYSIWYG, but it was dialogues for PHP,
SSI, HTML, CSS, and lots of other useful stuff.  You can open files from the
web, too, which is handy for me.
  http://bluefish.openoffice.nl

These are two others i haven't tried.  They aren't WYSIWYG, either.

  Screem
  http://www.screem.org/

  CoffeeCup - Not free though!

http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-10142-100-1533958.html?tag=st.dl.10004-