[techtalk] Any good HTML editors for Linux?

Caitlyn Martin caitlynmaire at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 3 13:00:42 EST 2001

jennyw wrote:

> Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for good HTML (non-WYSIWYG or
> WYSIWYG that supports non-WYSIWYG) for Linux?  Pros and cons would be great,
> and also whether they require KDE or Gnome (I run Gnome usually).

Hi, Jen,

For Gnome, I'd really recommend Bluefish.  Very, very nice.  Second choice goes
to SCREEM.   Alternately, if you do have KDE and QT installed, you *can* run
KDE programs from a Gnome session.  Other options (KDE based) are Quanta and
Webmaker.  Webmaker used to be my favorite, but it hasn't been updated in over
a year.  Bluefish is my current favorite.

None of the above are large programs.  I'd load all four and play and see which
you think best suits your needs.

All the best,
Caity