[techtalk] Hummingbird Exceed Config.

Carlson, Kristen kristen.carlson at intel.com
Fri Sep 29 10:22:12 EST 2000

Hi,
Are you running xdm or gdm on your Linux machine?  If you are running gdm,
you may have a buggy version that requires you to set the debug flag in your
gdm.conf file (located in /etc/X11/gdm).  You also need to make sure that
xdmcp is enabled, assuming you are doing xdmcp broadcasts from your client -
which is pretty much the easy way to do stuff in my opinion - although you
are on your own as far as the security implications go :).  The flag to
enable xdmcp is also located in the /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf file.
Good luck,
kristen