[techtalk] Firewalls

sara ruohotie ceres at intter.net
Mon Sep 25 13:46:06 EST 2000

> Hi,
> I am looking a bit at firewalls today. I am trying to find a firewall
> product) that
> - is easy to set up
> - requires very little maintenance
> - has filters/interpretors to detect attacks easily and reliable
> - has some automatic update procedures [for software on the box, not
> fw-rules]

i actually think sonicwalls are quite good at that. the only way to
configure them is a GRAPHIC program you run in a browser. like, you
configure a *firewall* by clicketyclick. well, at least it's easy. our
isps customers use it quite much and i even think it's concidered quite
reliable.

http://www.sonicwall.com/

try that one =)

sara