[techtalk] serial port...how to move modem?

K. Ziel zoop at scc.net
Wed Sep 20 20:10:04 EST 2000

well..i'd like to thank everyone for helping me out on this..

unfortunately, i believe that problem is not with my computer, but with my
palmpilot..UG!!

i switched the modem settings just fine <took me a bit to locate some jumpers,
i had no extras anywhere in my computer!>, and my modem now works beautifully
on another com port.

i had a similar problem at work on <gasp> an NT station, and just assumed that
the hardware might have gone south...apparently not.  i guess its time to
contact 3com and see what can be done.

thanks again!
kristin