[techtalk] Serial line is looped back

Helena Verrill verrill at math.ku.dk
Thu Sep 14 23:04:55 EST 2000

> Well, perhaps it is on metalab.unc.edu, but the Changes file also
> contains the original places where you can find the software that needs
> changing.

Maybe.  The Changes file pointed to somewhere where I could
get 2.3.9 (or something like that) anyway, it didn't point to
the version you suggested; maybe it was a waste of time to
upgrade, since I still can't get kppp or ppp to work.
Now I get another error messages:
Couldn't get channel number: invalid argument
but I still also get the error message about
couldn't find interface ppp0

Actually, now I remember that kppp did work immediately
after I upgraded to 2.3.00-pre3, but I must have done
something to make it stop working, but I still don't
know what.

Helena