[techtalk] Serial line is looped back

Helena A. Verrill verrill at math.ku.dk
Thu Sep 14 16:05:19 EST 2000

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Olivier Tharan wrote:

Thank you very much for the reply.

> -From seeing your problems, I'd say: have you read the
> Documentation/Changes file from the kernel sources? You have to upgrade
> the PPP daemon (pppd 2.4.0b1), add a line to /etc/fstab to mount the
> virtual shm filesystem

Thanks,  I should have read the changes file before I wrote.
guess I'll know that in future.

Thanks for all the other information about updating pppd,
which I've now done, and thanks for the explaination of the other
error messages.  (actually, it took me a while to find the version
of pppd you suggest -- is there a standard place to look for the
latest versions of thing like pppd?)

Helena