[techtalk] dos to unix

Nancy Corbett ncorbett at halcyon.com
Sun Sep 10 18:34:55 EST 2000

I know I've seen someone use a command something like dostounix to convert
text docs written with something like notepad, etc into plain ol ascii...

I have a bunch of perl scripts I just inherited and they have a ^M at the
end of every line.  I know I could just do a command in vi to get rid of
them, but I've ben straining my brain (not a difficult thing to do
today) to remember that dostounix thingie.  If it is just dostounix, it
seems that my shell acct with my ISP doesn't know what that is. Grrr.

TIA,
Nancy