[techtalk] RE: Harddrive problems with Lilo

Conor Daly conor.daly at oceanfree.net
Fri Sep 8 18:43:44 EST 2000

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 11:54:00PM -0400 or so it is rumoured hereabouts,
Jonathan Katz thought:

> Are we talking WinNT 4 or WinNT 5 (win2k) ??
> win2k has a cute little toy called fixmbr witch creates all the files needed
> for you to use the built in boot manager from microsoft.. (booo word, i
> know)
> well thats one way.
> I know 0 about linux but i know tons on WinNT4 and win2k.

Interesting that they (M$) call it "fixmbr".  As if the likes of LILO et
al would have "broken" the MBR when to my recollection, it's onlt M$
products that break your desired MBR and force you to have a boot floppy
on hand...   More FUD from Redmond...

Domestic Sysadmin :-)