[techtalk] Harddrive problems with Lilo

Jonathan Katz jkatz at vtlinx.com
Thu Sep 7 08:55:41 EST 2000

I did a Google search for the latest version of LILO, here's what I came up
with:

http://freshmeat.net/news/2000/05/11/958088264.html

I have a question about dual booting with LILO. Will this newest version of
LILO allow me to have a dual boot system where NT is _completely_ on scd0
and RH6.2 is _completely_ on scd1, or will I still need to create a /boot
partition for RH on scd0? I'm very new at this (one week), so forgive me if
I'm asking a silly question or just being ignorant. Also, since the new
version is a source .tar.gz can anyone give me advice on compiling? Or will
that be easier than I think?

TIA,

Jonathan M. Katz
Engineer