[techtalk] modem problems

Chou, Mary Mary_Chou at bmc.com
Mon Oct 30 12:21:44 EST 2000

I have a similar problem...worse actually.
I'm completely new to Linux (running Red Hat 7) +
I tried to get ppp to work with no results.

Running Linux by O'Reilly instructions include:
create a script (exec chat, followed by modem commands)
create another script (exec pppd with some additional
flag to use the first script)

my modem is on COM3 and therefore, ttyS2
but when I run the 2nd script, *nothing* happens