[techtalk] C++ Reference Manual?

jenn at simegen.com jenn at simegen.com
Sun Oct 29 12:02:51 EST 2000

Mary Gardiner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone recommend a good C++ reference manual? I have O'Rielly's
> 'Practical C++ Programming' and its index is driving me mad - it doesn't
> feature the word inheritence. (It's under 'derived classes'.)

I checked with Dancer:
Try Bjarne Stroustrup (sp?) 'The C++ Programming Language'. We have both
books - one for teaching, one for reference.
There is also 'The C++ Master Reference', except that it's more an
alphabetical encyclopedia of syntax and concepts. Very handy if you
can't quite remember a specific thing, but much less useful if you need
to tie the concept to other things.

Jenn V.

jenn at simegen.com        Jenn Vesperman
http://www.simegen.com/~jenn/