[techtalk] Wmware Network Setting

antonxie at pchome.com.tw antonxie at pchome.com.tw
Sun Oct 29 16:29:15 EST 2000

Dear all,

I have installed VMware on my RH6.2 alright...
Afterwards, I have managed to install an NT on a Virtual
Disk and a Win98 on another virtual disk.  I stumbled now
with the networking of WinNT and Win98 under RH6.2...
I try to check the ethernet folder in configuration editor.
but every time I select an ethernet card.  I couldn't start
the virtual machine.  If I disable (that is remove) the ethernet
card setting from the configuration editor then I can
start the virtual machine.

Okay I started the virtual machine!
When I run the network setting under WinNT or Win98 it could
never detect the existing network card.  I put my network
driver in my A:\ drive i.e dl530tx rev b, and force it to find
the driver there by using "Have disk", but it always tell me
no ethernet card found...  very strange....I was hoping that
this ethernet card could work...that's more like it...

One more thing... if I restore the WinNT and Win98 virtual machine
under linux, the color looks terrible... How to I set the graphic
so it would look like what I see on the screenshots, a full color
win98 virtual machine windows under linux.

Any one got any idea ....please feed me....
Thanks in advance....

antonxie