[techtalk] windoze-based distros

Nicoya nicoya at birch.net
Wed Oct 25 14:53:47 EST 2000

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.  Unfortunately I have to run NT 4.0
and am not in a position to go reformatting /partitioning, etc for a
'traditional' distro, so VMware doesn't seem appropriate.

I thought Phatlinux might work, but that's only good for win95 and 98.
WinLinux2000 (winlinux2000.com) does not explicitly say it will or won't
work with NT, so I gave it a shot, but so far I've not had a great deal of
luck with getting it to boot properly.  Really, I'm just taking comfort in
the fact that I can do whatever the hell I want with my home machine!

~~~Nicoya...