[techtalk] windoze-based distros

Alain TESIO alain at onesite.org
Wed Oct 25 21:06:45 EST 2000

Hello,

I'm using Mandrake for Linux, I can boot from Windows 98
without restarting the computer using loadlin.exe, I just need
to shutdown windows and I type "linux" at the DOS prompt.
(maybe a shortcut with the right parameters would work)

My file 'linux.bat' looks like that :
loadlin vmlinuz root=/dev/hdb6 mem=128M

/dev/hdb6 is a linux ext2 partition, I'm not sure to understand
what you mean with "a directory under windows"

Alain