[techtalk] laptop on linux

Weilbacher, Katie, CON, OASD(HA)/TMA Katie.Weilbacher at tma.osd.mil
Tue Oct 17 16:46:48 EST 2000

i put debian (slink) on dell latitude xpi (an ebay cheapie). the install was
tolerable, albiet quirky with no bootable cdrom. getting x configured,
however, has left me with a chunk of hair missing. but i guess there's
nothing wrong with a command line laptop.. heehee...

fortunately, there are lots of resources online comparing brands/models and
distributions - which work best, which install easier, supported functions,
problems, etc. a few minutes at google has saved my life before. ok, maybe
thats an exaggeration :)

katie