[techtalk] mutt?

sara ruohotie ceres at intter.net
Mon Oct 16 00:49:10 EST 2000

okay, so i was brave enough to change from the old, comfy, easy pine,
which i knew like my own pockets into scary, strange, weird mutt (but
they say it's better!). so, is anyone like real familiar with mutt?
my problem is that i'm using mutt on several machines and on my own
puter (freebsd 4.0) it's working very very nicely. on this particural
puter it says 'color -- command not known' when i try to give it some
specifications on which colors to use.

this puter is also freebsd 3.0, and the version of mutt here is 1.2
(on the working one it's 1.0i). on this puter i run mutt from
/opt/mutt/bin/mutt and in the working puter it's located in
/usr/local/bin, as usual.

well, in mutts help it says (on this not-working puter) you can
define colors by saying this:

color object foreground background [ regexp ]

and that's exactly the same as in the older, working version.
and this is what i said, this worked on the other one:

color header cyan default ^(Subject):

and in this mutt is says (when executing the program) 'color --
command not found'! goddamnit, what's wrong with this? i didn't
install the program here, so i don't know what the guy did, who
installed it.. any ideas?

sara