[techtalk] talk on RedHat 6.2

Olivier Tharan olive at minet.net
Thu Oct 12 18:33:55 EST 2000

Le 12 octobre 2000, m20bi écrivait :
> talk dgram udp wait nobody.tty /usr/sbin/tcpd in.talkd - d
> dtalk dgram udp wait nobody.tty /usr/sbin/tcpd in.talkd - d

Is the space really intended in '- d'? I think you mean '-d', but
even then, it will run in debug mode, one thing you do not want when
running through inetd.

Oh and by the way, did you restart inetd?

/var/log/messages should give you some hints, do a 'tail -f
/var/log/messages' and then try again. Or send us the error messages.

olive
--
Whoa...I did a 'zcat /vmlinuz > /dev/audio' and I think I heard God...