[techtalk] Distribution problems

Magni Onsoien magnio at pvv.ntnu.no
Tue Oct 10 14:52:22 EST 2000

Kath:
> How would you boot without a floppy or a bootable CD?  You might be able to

Uhm, actually I didn't think about that, so I guess I'd get some
trouble, then :)

But I am about to get a new network card at work, with a nifty
bootprom-thingie on it, and it's capable of booting via tftpd. (Sorry,
don't remember the vendor, the guys here are ordering stuff for me ;))
When installing NetBSD on my DecStations I use tftp (typing it at the
boot prompt), so I thought about using this here as well.

I suppose I must dig around and try to find my bf's old Windows driver
diskettes (mine are already used as bookmarks, under warm cups and for
other useful things) so I can install the OS in a proper way :)

Magni :)
--
sash is very good for you.