[techtalk] Netscape in Gnome

Conor Daly conor.daly at met.ie
Sun Oct 8 19:18:52 EST 2000

On Sat, Oct 07, 2000 at 11:01:31AM -0400 or so it is rumoured hereabouts,
Barbara McMillin thought:
> I'm new to Gnome (and Netscape) having spent the last two years using IE on
> Windows. I'm having a problem with toggling between windows in the Gnome
> environment.
>
> Problem: When a Netscape window is in foreground on the Gnome desktop,
> clicking on another task in task bar does not bring that task’s window to
> foreground.

In the gnome panel, clicking on an app's task in the 'panel' (not
"Taskbar", that's Windows-speak! :-) will "iconize" that app.  A second
click should bring it to the foreground...

BTW, I've abandoned Netscape altogether by now.  See the "Not using
Netscape" thread in this list.

Domestic Sysadmin :-)