[techtalk] Multiple virtual host question/Apache

sara ruohotie ceres at intter.net
Fri Oct 6 13:49:23 EST 2000

> Is there a reasonable limit to the amount of virtual hosts one should
> run on a server? For example, we're up to 5 virtual hosts on one web

well, we use apache on our isp's server and provide virtual hosting
for our clients and yes, there are quite an amount of virtual hosts
running at the same time and no, there's no problem we've faced at
least. and besides RIPE (here in europe, ARIN in america) doesn't
really support the idea of giving ip-addresses to web-hosting, they
think that one should use virtual hosting. and no, there are no
limits afaik.

sara