Not using Netscape (was Re: [techtalk] Re: SMP on Linux (lock ups))

Chris J/#6 sixie at nccnet.co.uk
Thu Oct 5 22:55:27 EST 2000

> Depends what 'slow' you mean. We have just graduated from a 28.8k modem
> to cablemodem (woo!). So everything on the net seems incredibly fast now!
> (Except sourceforge, but that's now usable rather than impossible.)
> It now takes me a few minutes to download a nightly mozilla instead of
> a few hours (I jest not) so I have been doing so.

The sort of slow I had was slow response and general sluggishness of the UI.
However having last night downloaded the nightly build, I'm quite pleseantly
suprised ... it's actually running at a usable speed... :)

Maybe there is hope for Mozilla after all ... (I'd come close to writing it
off due to its UI performance issues).

Chris...

--
    / "If not for me then, do it for yourself.  /   sixie at nccnet.co.uk    \