[techtalk] Best OS for NAT?

Elaine Poulsen elainep at imall.com
Mon Oct 2 09:44:17 EST 2000

FreeBSD or OpenBSD would be best for this.  OpenBSD is arguably the most
secure operating system around and FreeBSD is very secure out of the box
and has ipnatd which does an excellent job for NAT.

> Kath wrote:
>
> My school district is planning to switch from WinNT boxes running
> proxy software to Network Address Translation.  I'm gonna try to
> convince the guy from the tech company who does our 'net stuff to use
> a Linux distro.  Which one would be the best to use?  I'm favorable
> towards Debian, what are your thoughts?
>
> Or would I be better off to use a BSD, like OpenBSD?
>
> - Kathy

Elaine Poulsen
Product Operations Engineer
Excite at Home - The Leader in Broadband
Can you get @Home service? http://www.home.com/now