[techtalk] CD Rippers

Robert Wade feline at brokersys.com
Tue Nov 28 18:16:55 EST 2000

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Phil  Savoie wrote:

> Hi All,

hiya Phil!

> Anyone know of a good ripper/encoder?  I am using RH 7.

I typically use the dagrab audio extraction tool
(http://web.tiscalinet.it/marcellou/dagrab.html) for the ripping portion of
my mp3 encoding; it's reasonably fast, has cddb support, and has dozens
of options including a filename naming options that will include
information variables retrieved from a cddb server such as the author's
name, track name, and album name.

As do many other users, I use the bladeenc encoder which has worked just
lovely for my uses, which is 44Khz encoding at 128kb/sec. I've also heard
just lovely things about the LAME encoder (http://www.sulaco.org/mp3/),
but I'm afraid that I can't speak about that personally, however.

> Thank you,
>
> Phil

Robert