[techtalk] CD Rippers

Aaron Malone aaron at munge.net
Tue Nov 28 12:47:22 EST 2000

On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 02:03:01PM +0000, BobTFish wrote:
> Bladeenc is not a great encoder. Better than the frauenhoffer one but for
> quality you want to use LAME or a derivative. Bladeenc puts *far* to much
> overring in your mp3s..

Hear hear.  Bladeenc is also extremely slow compared to other, better
encoders.  My personal favorite is Gogo; however, checking the developer's
page, he seems to have stopped work on it.  Oh well, you can grab a copy
of the latest version I have at http://munge.net/gogo236.tar.bz2 .  Very
fast, and a nice psychoacoustic model to boot.

--
Aaron Malone (aaron at semo.net)
System Administrator                     "Never tell the truth to