[techtalk] Fwd: Re: [announce] Women for KDE

Karl-Heinz Zimmer khz at snafu.de
Wed Nov 22 20:17:26 EST 2000

On Wed, 22 Nov 2000 14:11:07 -0500 (EST) Deb <deb at hub.org> wrote:
> could you please take this thread to grrltalk or techtalk (whichever
> is most appropriate)?  The announce list isn't meant for discussions.

You are absolutely right! :)  And this is a good reason for me to
                              subscribe the famous techtalk list again...

On Wed, 22 Nov 2000 Justine Cubbage tenZeldam wrote:
> KDE is awesome!

At least in *your* opinion.  ;-)

> Used it the first time Oct. 28 during the Simi Valley LUG
> Fest, while running a Star Office presentation.
> Along with Mandrake 7.2, the entire presentation went off
> without a hitch!

Oh, that does not sound good to me.
Actually I am using Mandrake 7.2 myself since a few weeks and
I really like it.

Might it be that you just thought "The StarOffice crashed, so
all of this is bad!" without realizing that a bug in StarOffice
does not have anything to do with the quality of KDE 2?

Perhaps the very same bug exists in all the versions of StarOffice
so - just in case you HAVE TO use StarOffice 5.2 under Windows and
happen to run into the same trouble - will you then blame Windows
for it?

No!  I am sure you will have better reasons to blame windows for. :)
So don't you agree to me that it would be just fair not blame
KDE for that crashing StarOffice?

(just my 2 cents, ignore what you don't like)

Karl-Heinz
--
In summing up,
I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave you with,