[techtalk] Re: Technical issues (was Re: [grrltalk] "Confrontational" postings)

Jeff Dike jdike at karaya.com
Tue Nov 21 23:44:55 EST 2000

mary at creative.net.au said:
> Well I think Linux kernel is declared stable when there are no
> *showstoppers* - I don't know about no *bugs*.

I forgot to mention one thing.  The current kernel bug list is maintained by
Ted T'so at http://linux24.sourceforge.net/.  The ones that have to be fixed
before 2.4.0 hits the streets are marked as "CRITICAL".  I did a quick scan
and saw 14 (that might not be totally up-to-date - I saw one or two which I
thought were already fixed).  Also look at the agreeably large number of fixed
bugs at the end.

				Jeff