[techtalk] Technical issues (was Re: [grrltalk] "Confrontational" postings)

Mary Gardiner mary at creative.net.au
Tue Nov 21 16:31:09 EST 2000

On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 03:18:55AM +0000, jenn at simegen.com wrote:
> Techtalk is probably the list you actually wanted, where we discuss
> technical issues and only technical issues.

*Is* that actually the purpose of techtalk? Most of what I see on it is "I
have problem X, can you solve?"

Perhaps that's what you meant by 'technical issues', sorry.

And that's an OK thing for a mailing list to be of course.

But when I first read the term "technical issues" I thought about a list
where topics of discussion were more: what's a good design for an SMTP
program? when's a good time for a program to enter release 1.0? (Both
questions I've faced recently.)

Has this ever occured on techtalk? I'd love to see a list about broader
technical issues, and one in this community would be really good.

At the same time a 'help me please' list is also good. Could both
discussions occur on the same list or should there be separate lists?

Mary.

Cross-posted to techtalk, but I have no idea if the thread belongs on
techtalk - make your own call when replying.

--
Mary Gardiner
<mary at creative.net.au>