[techtalk] do you know how to send dual msgs?

Jeff Dike jdike at karaya.com
Wed May 31 15:58:35 EST 2000

eleight at intrinsity.com said:
> I'm wondering how to send email messages that query the reader's app
> and display as text if that's what you're reading with (ie, pine or
> mutt),  or display as html if you have an html-capable reader (ie,
> Netscape)?

You don't, AFAIK.  If you really want to do that, you configure your mail
client to send out mail with both text and html attachments, and the mail
reader on the other end figures out how to display it.

But don't do that.  A fair number of people consider it annoying and impolite.
 I run all my mail through a little perl script which dumps all html
attachments.

				Jeff