[techtalk] Gnome and window managers

Julia Coolman jcoolman at gladstone.uoregon.edu
Fri May 26 13:16:29 EST 2000

Dear folks of more wisdom;

I approach you now to ask, as I am running Gnome and Windowmaker, where
can i find out which parts of the GUI i see are Gnome's fault and which
are the fault of my window manager?  Furthermore, where can I learn about
how, exactly, this GUI goes about insulating me from the rest of the
interface? It seems many newbie linux guides say things like 'then type
'netcfg'. click on widget (a)...'

While this _works_, it's frustrating when something in the GUI is broken,
and also when I'm eager to know what gets changed when i click those
widgets.

After running MacOS for years i feel a particular twinge of irony as i
complain about being insulated from the interface :P

thanks for your input, all

Julia Coolman

jcoolman at gladstone.uoregon.edu