[techtalk] perl modules

Melissa Plunkett mplunkett at tranquility.net
Sun May 21 01:16:56 EST 2000

I don't know if this will help you but you might also want to
install the module CPAN.  What the CPAN module does is help
you "query, download and build perl modules from CPAN sites"
so instead of just downloading the module from a CPAN ftp site
and untaring, running make, the CPAN module helps you do
all of this and a whole load of other things from the command
line.  If you are just installing one module it may not be worth
it but if you get to the point where you are using a lot of modules
it will save you a lot of time and frustration.
To learn more read this following documentation:
http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/CPAN/data/perl/CPAN.html

Enjoy!
Melissa Plunkett