[techtalk] A question regarding POP3 and Inet..

Glen Jarvis gjarvis at jenna.integrity-network.com
Sat May 20 20:51:34 EST 2000

> Glen, I'm a hetro guy, and they haven't kicked me out yet. ;)

Cool :)

> Also, not to be insulting, but check to make sure the binary is
> there, maybe run it manually from the command line, and good
> luck.

I'm not insulted at all.  In fact, when I happened to find the log which
recorded errors for inetd (secure instead of messages), I discovered that
it indeed couldn't find the executable.  It wasn't there.  I saw listening
on the port, but didn't realize it wasn't the ipop3 daemon listening, but
inetd.  Thanks for pointing this out to me!  :)

...if nobody else comes up with an answer, or it still isn't working
> then -- I've got a couple RH6.1 computers there.

No need.  I found my problem now -- I need to install the ipop3d daemon.

Again, thanks for the help!  :)

Glen