[techtalk] a good perl book

Liz Cortell liz at zrusilla.com
Fri May 19 08:10:15 EST 2000

For some non-O'Reilly alternatives:

The Perl Journal just gave "Elements of Programming with Perl" (Andrew, Manning
Press, ISBN 1-884777-80-5, $34.95) Johnsontwo glowing reviews.  One reviewer
calls it "the best Perl book for neophytes that I've found."

After that, I can recommend "Effective Perl Programming" by Joseph Hall (Addison
-Wesley), which made me a competent Perl programmer much faster than the Camel
Book (the Perl reference from O'Reilly.)  I thought Effective Perl Programming
was a terrific book.

Liz.