[techtalk] network speeds...

Beverly Guillermo mezanin at home.com
Wed May 17 01:53:58 EST 2000

There are other factors to consider in doing a network speed benchmark, not
just the card itself.  It depends also on the connection to the network,
whether you are using a hub or a router.  Now as I recall, if you're using
hubs, the lower transfer rates could be interference from other concurrent
use on the network.  In using a router, it's different.  I could transfer
10GB from one computer to another in less then 15 minutes using a router and
100T configuration.  I'm not sure what the transfer rate was exactly but I
think it was pretty fast.

For the software, are you using Windows or Linux?  In other words, what OS
do you need the net statistics software to run on?

Beverly