[techtalk] help with sorting text in a file

alissa bader mol666 at yahoo.com
Fri May 12 08:01:55 EST 2000

or, duh.

I need to grab a list of stuff with a matching pattern
in a log file.  Specifically, anything containing the
string "QAA."  Tried doing a grep, but I got the
entire line again, not just the portion of it that
contained "QAA."  Argh.  The frustrating thing is I
know I did something like this before, but I didn't
write it down and now I forget.  Argh again!

thanks in advance for help.a lissa