[techtalk] automatically process email

Laurel Fan lf25+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue May 9 14:19:30 EST 2000

Excerpts from linuxchix: 9-May-100 [techtalk] automatically pr.. by
"Christian MacAuley"@jel
> This is probably a really basic question, but i can't find an example of it
> anywhere.  I set up an email account on my FreeBSD server.  When this
> account receives an email, i want it a Perl script to execute and read that
> email.

For that, you can use a | in a .forward file (I think FreeBSD has
a forward manpage).  If you want to do anything more complicated than
that (like run a different script for different From addresses), then
you want to use procmail.