[techtalk] Forcing 3Com 3c59x and eepro100 cards to not autosense

Nicole Zimmerman colby at wsu.edu
Tue May 2 11:11:41 EST 2000

When I was recompiling the kernel after putting in our new 59x card
(replacing a 509), I remember that it wasn't just put in the card and
go... there were options I entered in that told it which "modes" it
could operate under (10, 100, other, there were several in the list).

That was during a recompile and about 2 months ago so details are fuzzy,
but I do remember seeing the choices and typing in the modes I wanted to
use.

Fuzzy, but I hope it helps. I don't know if it will do 100% of what you
want though, but there may be *other* options at the same time that do.
Mine still says autosense/autonegotiate interface under where the driver
is loaded in dmesg.

You might also check
http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/vortex.html which is what
dmesg lists with the driver (I assume it's donald becker's vortex driver
information). I'm not sure about the other card, I've never used one.

-nicole

<snip>