[techtalk] 'Segmentation error' memory problems

Caitlyn M. Martin caitlyn at netferrets.net
Tue Mar 28 21:35:56 EST 2000

Hi, Shaun,

> anyone know of a stable spreadsheet?, have had trouble with gnumeric and abacus
> i would prefer xwindows based, but will try terminal if they are worth it

Which version of Gnumeric are you having problems with?  If you are running less
than 0.38, you might consider upgrading.  It has been running very well for me.

Xess is really, really, nice, but it is proprietary and will cost you money, which
is why I use Gnumeric.

I've heard nice things about SIAG, but it did not run well on my system (Red Hat
6.0, patched, and KDE 1.1.2/kwm or AfterStep 1.79(?)).

Anyway, good luck and let us know what you settle on.

Take care,
Caity