[techtalk] Bunch of odd messages

Lighthouse Keeper in the Desert Sun ccovingt at one-eyed-alien.net
Sun Mar 26 09:13:26 EST 2000

On Mar 26, Darren Osadchuk conjectured:

> On Sun, 26 Mar 2000, Rik Hemsley wrote:
>
> [snip]
> >> (I wonder what I did last night that caused the problem; I didn't change
> >> ownership of anything...)
> >
> >Um, you ran Gnome ? It's buggy.
>
> Well, I'm new enough at this to not be wedded to any one particular
> environment. I'm downloading the KDE packages now, and will give that a
> try.

I can't say I've had big problems with Gnome.  I've had netscape-related
troubles, and twice my whole system went down in a blaze of Gnome-related
glory, but I've been using GNome for most of a year, and I have the most
recent Gnome packages.    Well, there might be new ones out, but I can't
download them.  It's too slow and painful.  (Downloading megabyte files
over a 28K dialup... ow.)
I certainly can't say Gnome changed my permissions without me.
(Of course, Rik might be speaking as a KDE writer there... or using humor.
In which case, don't mind me.)

Conni

--
Curiosity kills people.  Even dead ones.
		 	-Jolene

http://www2.one-eyed-alien.net/~ccovingt

http://www.angelfire.com/anime/Galadriel