[techtalk] LinuxChix lists update

deb at parcelfarce.linux.theplanet.co.uk deb at parcelfarce.linux.theplanet.co.uk
Sat Mar 18 22:10:34 EST 2000

Greetings and salutations,

I'm in the process of moving the LinuxChix lists and website to a new
host.  Part of this includes shifting over the current subscriber lists.

Theoretically everything should just shift over nicely to the new host
when the DNS systems are updated.

One problem: the subscriber lists for the "digest" versions of the lists
have apparently been lost (at very least, I'm unable to retrieve them).
So, if you or someone you know was subscribed to one of the digest lists,
you will have to subscribe yourself to the new lists here:

Once subscribed, you can change your subscription configuration so you
get a digest version of the lists, rather than all these separate
messages.

If you want, you can also unsubscribe from the lists through the web
interface.  We're using "mailman" instead of "majordomo" now, which is
much much much better (imho :).

I'm still in the process of configuring the lists, and, as I mentioned,
the DNS hasn't been updated yet...so, while the lists currently have
@www.linux.org.uk addresses, they will soon be @linuxchix.org again.

I haven't updated the website or anything yet, but will shortly.
Hopefully everything will be back to normal within a few days.  Again, I
thank everyone for having so much patience during this mess.

- deb