[techtalk] linux and MP3s

glen grice at rocketmail.com
Thu Mar 23 11:26:18 EST 2000

I am looking for general information about linux and MP3s.
I am trying to make an MP3 player for my car by taking appart an old 486
or 586, and putting on an opperating system with an mp3 player. I have all
the hardware, so that part is cheaper then buying one, and playing with
the software is potentially fun. I think I want to use linux because it
can be so small compared to Windows (and the more space for MP3s the
better), but I don't know tons about it. Any info regarding linux size,
installation, how much of linux I need (like just the kernal or what?),
MP3 players for linux, would be of interest to me. I have been doing some
research, but any opinions are welcome...
Glen