[techtalk] Linux Webcam

GeekGrrl geekgrrl at geekgrrl.org
Thu Mar 23 03:32:38 EST 2000

So... after searching the web and auctions in vain, and ransacking the
local second-hand stores, I finally come up with a CVideo-Mail Express
Parallel webcam. Great... this is supported under the cpia driver.

The driver installs, and loads just fun. No problems there.

That I need advice/pointers on is the software to actually capture frames
(or, dream, streaming video). If anyone has heard of anything good or can
indicate the correct direction to start writing my own script, I would
very much appreciate it!