[techtalk] Problem with LILO & booting

Snarfblat coderman at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 1 11:48:26 EST 2000

Shirrell wrote:

> I had the same problem trying to install linux on an external
> drive on a PC running NT when I tried to install for a dual boot
> with lilo -- the 01 01 screen was a result of overwriting my
> master boot record.

I appologize if this has been mentioned, but lilo will not work with
NT.  They both seem to want the MBR in an exclusive manner, so you must
pick one or the other, or find another os manager like System Commander
(which will play nice with NT).

If you are having problems with dual boot using lilo and NT there is no
other workaround except booting from a non HD drive, or using a
different boot loader.

--
.oO()Oo.oO()Oo.oO()Oo.oO()Oo.oO()Oo.oO()Oo.oO()Oo.oO()Oo.oO()Oo.
    coderman at mindspring.com | http://cubicmetercrystal.com/