[techtalk] Netscape

coder coderman at mindspring.com
Sun Jun 25 23:53:40 EST 2000

Carolyn Jarie Getter wrote:

> In Netscape, when I go to certain pages, it (Netscape) goes *poof* (shuts
> down).  I don't begin to know where to look to figure out why.  All my
> settings are default settings, except that I enlarged the font size.  Any ideas,
> anyone?
>
> Carolyn

Unfortunately, this is not a configuration problem.  Everyone has this
problem to varying degrees of annoyance with the 4.X versions of
netscape on linux.

This is almost always a problem with the java and java script
implementation in netscape.

Try turning off java script and java and going to those pages.  If it
still crashes, then you may want to look at upgrading your netscape
version.

To turn off java/java script:

Menu Bar-

  |-Edit-

      |- preferences

   Select the 'Advanced' tab in the left side of the dialog box and
de-select the java and java script options.

--
.oO()Oo.oO()Oo.oO()Oo.oO()Oo.oO()Oo.oO()Oo.oO()Oo.oO()Oo.oO()Oo.
    coderman at mindspring.com | http://cubicmetercrystal.com/