[techtalk] Solaris DBM files - .pag and .dir extensions?

Christian MacAuley jellhead at jellspace.net
Thu Jun 22 17:42:40 EST 2000

> The main
> gist seems to be "don't sweat it" though I'm sure you'll want a
> better answer than that.

Ha!  That *was* a good answer :-).  For some reason dbmmanage creates
only one file in FreeBSD, but seems to create two in most Unix
flavors.  I was worried that the odd DBM files were causing my
authentification issues, but after i found out they were normal i was
able to attribute my problems to an entirely different
misconfiguration!

Thanx to Katt and Elaine for the advice!

~Christian