[techtalk] Learning more about Linux ...

Jenn V. jenn at simegen.com
Tue Jun 20 11:06:43 EST 2000

Amanda Owens wrote:

> Whoever's working on the Techtalk FAQ (Jenn?), this looks like a
> *marvelous* template for a newbie section! Anyway, here's my attempt.

Laurel Fan, actually, who's currently away from her main system
and can't CVS. There's so much useful-interesting stuff flying
around at the moment that I'm salvaging whole paragraphs from
messages and dumping them into the FAQ for later editing!

Laurel defined a really good structure for the FAQ, and so far none
of the questions have really deviated from it.

Jen:

The rough Techtalk FAQ is available from Sourceforge at any time.
http://www.sourceforge.net/ is the URL for sourceforge, the
Linuxchix FAQs are under linuxchix-faqs. (Use their search engine.)

At the moment, I'm putting the distilled wisdom of the list into
the FAQ almost daily, so the best way to get the current FAQ
is to learn how to use CVS. Sourceforge has adequate documentation
on that. (But only 'adequate', dammit.)

Jenn V.
--
  "We're repairing the coolant loop of a nuclear fusion reactor.
   This is women's work!"

Jenn Vesperman    jenn at simegen.com     http://www.simegen.com/~jenn