[techtalk] mount: RPC: Program not registered message

Davida Schiff davida at exobox.com
Mon Jun 19 14:09:31 EST 2000

Hi,

I have 2 PC's running RH 6.1 hooked to our network. Yesterday both were able
to mount a (NFS) server named Mango. Today after a reboot the NFS automount
fails. Also I can't manually mount it with the following command: mount
/mnt/mango when I do I get this message...  mount: RPC: Program not
registered  I have not changed anything in /etc/fstab nor added or removed
any services. I can ping, ftp and ssh into mango without problem, so I know
I am connected to the network. Any idea's as to why I can't mount would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Davida