[techtalk] dialup problems RH 6.1, Corel, Caldera

Caitlyn Máire Martin caitlyn at netferrets.net
Mon Jun 19 11:43:35 EST 2000

Hi, Carla,

I use Caldera 2.4 (mostly) and Red Hat 6.0 on one machine.  I use KPPP.  I
had no problems whatsoever getting my dialup to work well.

> In RH 6.1 I had to install ppp & start from scratch. Same symptom every
> one: it dials, "ppp daemon dies unexpectedly."

I got that and had to change one of my settings.  Check all your modem
settings, as well as your DNS settings as provided by the ISP.  This
*should* be easy to correct.

> In fact I am majorly peeved
> with RH 6.1, sucker shipped with a lot of glitches.

Yeah, that release, and three good Caldera releases in a row got me to
change distros.  I understand Red Hat 6.2 is better, though.

I don't know what your specific problem is.  A lot depends on the ISP.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Regards,
Caity