[techtalk] dialup problems RH 6.1, Corel, Caldera

Phil Savoie Phil.Savoie at learnix.ca
Sun Jun 18 20:57:15 EST 2000

Hi Carla,

To be honest, I have been using RH6.0 through 6.2 and have no problems
with ppp.  I used the netcfg utility to set up the interface and ensure
that iwas configured to come up at boot time.  When I belonged to
sprint, they would allow unlimited internet access in 5 hour
increments.  Once the 5 hours were up they would disconnect you. RH ppp
recognized the break right away and happily re-dialed for a connection.
Worked every time for two years.

Regards,

Phil